Our guide for you
If you had to choose the ideal destination for an affiliate conference, would a stunning island in the Mediterranean be up there on your list? Yeah, us too. Welcome to the Island Conference, or I-Con. In this blog, we’ll take you on a virtual journey to discover some of the most exciting activities, delightful restaurants, lively bars, and must-see sights that Limassol has to offer. Every recommendation with an asterisk* next to it came straight from the mouth of Limassol local — you can’t go wrong. Get ready to experience the city’s hidden gems.
Note: We don’t want you spending hours in a car, so we’ve tailored this guide to places in and around Limassol.
- What To See Inside I-Con
- Dining Delights
- Cheers to Limassol’s Nightlife
- Unmissable Sights (Well, Beaches)
INSIDE THE CONFERENCE
Well, first things first. You better go meet with the Advidi team. We’ll be parked up at Booth ME15. Rick, Dennis, Jur and Claire will be eagerly awaiting your visit. Trust us, you don’t want to miss out on their enthusiasm and invaluable insights. If you haven’t already booked in, shoot them a message or head to our website to lock in a time with them.
What else do you need to opt-in to whilst visiting the conference? This is our top 3:
- 1. All About Dating Panel – Is Your EPC Good Enough? | Thur Jun 29 | 12:00
Get ready for a power-packed session where some of the dating industry’s finest minds come together to discuss the burning question: Is Your EPC Good Enough? You can expect enlightening discussions, witty banter, and game-changing strategies that will take your dating campaigns to new heights.
- 2. Running Google Ads in High-Risk Verticals – A Masterclass | Thur Jun 29 | 14:00
Next up we have the Masterclass with Tom Marsh and Christina Dimitriou from Red Walking. They’ll be your expert guides, revealing the do’s and don’ts of running risky ads on Google Ads. Tune into the 45-minute session to gain new insights and sharpen your paid ad skills.
- 3. Interview with Adnium COO, Dayna Deruelle | Thur 29 | 15:00
Curious about the inner workings of Adnium? Well, here’s your chance to pick the brilliant brain of Dayna Deruelle, the Chief Operating Officer of Adnium. Prepare for an engaging conversation filled with industry insights, tips and tricks, and a healthy dose of Dayna’s infectious energy. This is an interview you won’t want to miss!
OUTSIDE THE CONFERENCE
Ok, it’s time for the fun bit. While the conference is undeniably exciting (especially at the Advidi Booth), remember that we’re on a Mediterranean island, so let’s enjoy some delicious food, savor refreshing drinks, and experience the vibrant atmosphere Cyprus has to offer.
- Bistrot 55 – Cyprus is a paradise for foodies, so make sure to treat yourself to an unforgettable dining experience at Bistrot 55. Nestled in a scenic seafront setting, Bistrot 55 offers more than just a meal; it offers a journey for your taste buds. The menu boasts mouthwatering gastronomical dishes that are prepared with skill and creativity and showcase the finest local ingredients and flavors. A must-visit for food enthusiasts.
- Old Neighbourhood Tavern* – If you’re looking for a local restaurant serving traditional Cypriot food then head to this cozy tavern in the heart of the old city. When a restaurant has been serving the same classic seafood dishes for over 30 years, you know they’ve got it down pat. The menu is (partially) dependent on what they’ve caught that day, so prepare to be a little bit flexible. Look, this place gets busy so be sure to make a reservation.
- Fat Fish* – Perched by the Bay of Limassol, with the beach and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea, Fat Fish is a seafood lover’s paradise. Dive into a menu that pays homage to the delicious Cypriot flavors with freshly caught fish and seafood. But hold on, meat lovers. Fear not, for prime quality meats also grace the stage. In a relaxed environment with friendly staff, you’re guaranteed to have a unique dining experience.
- Duionysus Mansion – Serving refreshing cocktails and specialized Cypriot and Greek cuisine under a beautiful canopy of trees, this is a must-visit. From mouthwatering souvlaki to creamy tzatziki, each dish is crafted with the utmost care and authentic flavors. We give their courtyard 10 points for ambiance with its soft lighting and lively music.
- Malindi Beach Bar* – A dreamy spot for a meal and to relax. Choose from a delectable array of seafood dishes or opt for the fresh catch of the day, expertly cooked on a natural charcoal grill right before your eyes. The Malindi Beach Bar effortlessly combines mouthwatering cuisine with unobstructed views of the Mediterranean. A match made in heaven.
- AMARA Bar – Located in Limassol, the luxury AMARA Hotel has 4 incredible bars. The Pool Bar, The Lobby Bar, The Main Bar and of course, The Rooftop Bar. Known as “the crowned jewel of AMARA’s social spot”, so you know The Rooftop Bar is where it’s at. Indulge in delicious bar bites and let THE attentive staff cater to your every need. A seamless and enjoyable experience is assured!
- Columbia Beach Bar – Picture yourself sipping on refreshing cocktails, feeling the salty breeze on your face. Look, it might be one of the most Instagrammable bars in Limassol, but it can back up that title with quality cocktails drinks and tasty food. Add sunbeds, live music, and a vibrant atmosphere, and you’ve got yourself a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Guest Bar and Café – Looking for something a little more casual? This low-key bar, located in the Old Town, is the perfect balance between casual yet stylish. The staff are friendly, the cocktails are cold (and tasty) and the music is chill, making it a relaxing place to enjoy an afternoon drink
Unmissable Sights (Well, Beaches)
- Pissouri Beach* – With its natural charm and peaceful atmosphere, Pissouri Beach Limassol promises a rejuvenating and unforgettable escape from the everyday hustle and bustle. Indulge in a wide range of water sports or simply relax on the beach, soaking in the soothing ambiance. Grab a beach chair, open up your laptop and get some work done. Pissouri Beach will let you experience the perfect blend of productivity and relaxation in a stunning coastal setting.
- Land Sailing – Looking for something that’s truly unique and will 100% surely impress your clients or business partners? Then embrace the thrill of a unique adventure with land sailing in Limassol! Suitable for all skill levels, land sailing offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to challenge yourself while enjoying the beauty of Limassol’s landscapes. Capture unforgettable memories as you glide effortlessly along the coast, creating moments that will be talked about long after your trip to I-con concludes.
- Cruise and 4X4 Safari Tour – Head out to the serene Akamas Peninsula via boat. You’ll experience the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation while exploring this region with a 4×4 safari and a tranquil boat trip. Not only will you experience the awe-inspiring limestone formations at Akamas Peninsula but you’ll see the Turtle Conservation Project at Lara Beach, and take in the peaceful ambiance of the Baths of Aphrodite. To top it off, you’ll stop for a refreshing swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Blue Lagoon.
Long story short, while attending the I-Con Affiliate Marketing Conference in Cyprus, make sure to take the opportunity to go beyond the conference hall and experience what the area has to offer. All the way from its charming restaurants to nightlife; Limassol has a little something for everyone.